13 weeks left. Holy shit. I remember when I was so excited to hit 13 weeks pregnant! It seemed like such a milestone (and, at the time, it was). But, yesterday I turned 27 weeks pregnant and Stowaway got that much closer to viability. Sometimes I wonder if people really care about my mindless pregnant ramblings but then I decide it doesn’t really matter, because I care and one day it will be nice to have a record of this time.
So, some really exciting developments (to me):
* I’ve now seen my stomach move a couple times, courtesy not of my own muscles but of Stowaway’s shaking and kicking. Last night, I gave the bathtub a really good scrub (not an easy feat at 6 months pregnant) so I could just lay there in a warm bath and watch my belly shake. Stowaway apparently takes after neither of his parents and is underwhelmed by audiences (read: uncooperative).
* I think Stowaway is mesmerized by her daddy’s voice. Sometimes, she’ll be participating in Richard Simmons-esque workout and then Mr. Cookie will come into the room, talk, and suddenly she goes entirely still. It’s kind of cool because I love his voice too.
* I feel incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends. From Heather, who has single handedly undertaken the task of my shower, to Sarah and Jenn, who are always happy to answer all of my stupid pregnancy questions, to Eljon and the countless people who called and emailed when I put a message up on Facebook for all of five minutes saying I was overwhelmed and weepy, and to my family who is always a phone call away, even if I don’t get to see them nearly often enough.
* Mr. Cookie and I went to a cloth diaper workshop at Diaper Lab (which is awesome, by the way). We’ve decided to move ahead with cloth diapers! Cloth diapers make me want to squeal with excitement, because they are so cute! Lots of reasons for this, but I think the main one is that Mr. Cookie and I both have super sensitive skin (so we can only guess that, by extension, so will Stowaway) and cloth is supposed to be better for sensitive skin than disposables
* Glucose test- is scheduled for the 30th, and after that appointment I start being seen every two weeks. When do they start doing internal exams? I have an irrational fear of going into labor early and would love to hear that nothing is happening.
* Does anyone know of good breast feeding resources in the area? Might as well use these boulders for something useful. And my Bradley instructor keeps emphasizing that we need to “watch other women nursing.” Seeing as how I’m not terribly comfortable saying “hey, could you NOT cover your tits so I can watch you feed your child,” consider this your passive invite to come to my house and nurse without covering up (I promise to maintain a distance of at least 5 feet).